Monday, September 1, 2008

Where are we Now?

Sept 1, 2008

Mom is steadily losing weight. Last Tuesday she weighed 84 pounds. She is eating poorly. I'm not going to weigh her any more as she has trouble standing steady long enough to be weighed. She is still getting up the the commode by herself.

We decreased her lasix and her blood pressure meds because her BP was too low and she isn't drinking enough. She is a little steadier than she was.

She still sleeps most of the time. April was here on Thursday and she was more awake than she had been, but she had a rough day on Friday. The Bath Aide and the Hospice Nurse come on Tuesdays and Fridays and the massage Therapist come on Fridays and she has been pretty tired since then.

Minnie is planning to come next week to help as I am getting pretty tired and Rose starts school tomorrow- her Senior year. We have a respite volunteer coming every Monday for 4 hours starting on the 15th. So I can sleep or get away to the store or just out for a short time. Right now sleeping sounds good as I just worked a 12 hour night shift.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chip will be driving me up after my dr's appointment on the 10th...