Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mom has lost more weight

Aug 10th

Mom is losing weight. she is down to 93 pounds. We are trying to find things she will eat but it is hard to get enough in her. She takes a couple of bites and that's all we can get in her. We got Odwalla bars and she is nibbling on them. We are putting protein powder into her juice. And trying to find things to tempt her appetite.

The Hospice intake nurse was here yesterday and did the intake on her. She will have a bath aide twice a week and massage therapy every other week. Her Hospice Nurse will be Pat. I can also have a respite volunteer for up to 4 hours a week. We will hire family and friends to take care of her so I can go to work. Rose will move in on the 22nd of August and will take care of her on the evenings I work. I will hire someone to watch her on my 3 night shifts, and during those days so I can sleep.

She is impulsive and doesn't remember to call for help when she wants to get up to the chair or back to bed. She has been nauseated and wretching the last 2 days so I am giving her nausea meds in the am and pm scheduled. Still not too much pain.

No comments: