Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MRSA

July 22 245pm

Mom has MRSA in her sputum. That is a bacteria that is resistant to a lot of antibiotics. No wonder she isn't getting better very quickly. So they are starting her on Vancomycin. Her urine and blood cultures do not show MRSA so far. She is in respiratory and contact isolation. I have to wear a gown, gloves and mask when I am in her room.

Mom has had nausea and vomiting today. We gave her Phenergan and compazine. Now she is confused and picking at things. But the nausea is gone. She is not having pain unless we move her.

Platelets are decreasing. So tomorrow she will probably get platelets. They help prevent bleeding. So far no bleeding noted.

She is getting IV Calcium and IV Potassium daily. Her CHF labs went back up today. So she is still very fragile.

The bruises are starting to turn yellow.

We will NOT be coming to the reunion.

Bonnie

2 comments:

April said...

I was hoping she'd be a little spunky again after receiving the blood. I hope she pulls through this one. Give her my love!

Unknown said...

We will be up in a few days, I have been sick , so its best that I wait a day or two--or they wont let me in to see her..